Menu

LOE games- can they be used with a different phonics program?

lulalu

I am looking at getting LOE game book and game cards. The whole program is too expensive and more than I want.

Can this be used easily with a different phonics program? I am thinking of using Alpha Phonics. My son loves games and I think he would really like the games.

I have used the game book and cards with different programs very successfully!  I have designated Fridays as Phonogram and Spelling game day.  I take a break from our normal phonics/spelling programs and just do games for that time.  The kids love it! I love that the book is split into different varieties of games/activities (ie, active, paper, etc).  My older boys are done with phonics and we still use the spelling games.  My boys played spelling basketball yesterday and begin working on creating crossword puzzles using their spelling words.  My daughter played spelling basketball right along with the boys, but I dictated phonograms to her instead.  I love that most of the games can be used at all 3 of my kids levels at the same time. Enjoy!

Thanks for asking this! I have been wondering the exact same thing. I can't afford the whole program, nor do I like the total scripted-ness of it. I think I will use the games with Ordinary Parent's Guide to Reading for my 5-year-old next year, and the spelling games with my 7 year old.