Menu

Le'ts talk about ideas for using Saxon / Hake Grammar

Tiramisu

I really, really love this but dd is getting a bit sick of it.

We use it on a three day a week schedule to avoid burn out so it won't be finished this year, but pretty close.

She is retaining because of the review, which is really nice, because I have a history of three older kids not really retaining grammar despite being strong readers and writers.

I'm wondering about how to best use it in the future, to get the most out of it without making dd hate it.

Should I get the sixth grade level for next year and continue the same way using it three days a week?

Another option would be to get the seventh and use it two days a week, stretching it out over two years.

Or would it be better to use the sixth grade book three days a week for sixth grade and saturate her with grammar for two years before moving on to a two day a week schedule in seventh and eighth grade?

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I'd do something completely different for the year--say MCT--and then come back and do the 8th grade book over two years.

I almost used MCT this year as an ebook but I was waiting for dh's placed of employment to sell off their older iPads and things were moving too slowly for my plans.