Menu

Memory Work using Trello - no more cards or binders needed

OrganicMom

hey guys, 

I had a revelation and am happy to run with it and never turn back. I've struggled for years with memory work, and now I'm using Trello boards to do it, it is an online free application. Each colomn is now what used to be a tab in a notebook or card box, and each card will be a piece of memory work, you can add check boxes to the cards, files, audios, videos, take photos of vocabulary cards, CC cards, previous used memory work cards, to now make them digital, etc. I even tested it by uploading a CC audio file from my onedrive. SWEET! I'm so excited.

once it is time to move the card it is super easy to drag and drop, and copy to other boards, etc...

the only thing i have not figured out is if i should make memory work independent, or group work... or if my kids will handle memory work for 1 hour a day, or if I should break it up. 

as of now, I have a group memory board, and then one for each child. once the group memory work has been memorized solid, it can always be copied over to their independent memory work, and later when they grow older/adults they can have their own history, and every piece of work they have memorized to dip into anytime.

we will be memorizing, quotes, scriptures, life lessons, songs, all classical conversation (CC) work, marie's vocabulary cards, english form the roots up latin/greek root cards, and bits of info from what they study or poems or whatever makes sense to them out of what they are learning. 

this posting was a bit of sharing my new ideas, and my musing/questions as i'm trying to figure out the details. BUT i'm SUPER happy to have had a revlation about using TRELLO for memory work.

again, each column/header is listed as, daily, odd, even, monday, tuesday, etc, then a tab for each number 1-31, then a twice a year, and an archived for fewer between. I'm still trying to figureout how to manage the weekends... 

ETA: i forgot to mention that it is great as a mobile app - SO workable and flexible!

Edited by OrganicMom

We use a free tool called ANKI to do something similar.  :)   I'm not sure what trello is, but I will look into it.   

You can also upload music, picture files, sound recordings, links to videos, and more to ANKI.   We use it for everything too  (CC memory work, history sentences, poetry, AAS spelling rules, vocabulary in latin/french, art history, music appreciation, everythng.)   It takes care of ALL of the scheduling for me so I don't have to do anything except enter the information.  (ANKI is a memory work tool.)   

• Like 2