Menu

Latest recommendations for AP Physics 1 & 2 test prep?

In looking online, I'm seeing in general thumbs-up for "5 Steps to a 5" and "AP Essentials", and thumbs-down for Princeton Review and Barrons. Anyone have experience with these or other test prep books?

Also, I'd be interested in feedback on online test prep materials. Has anyone used the free version of Alfred.io?

Just to be clear, I'm just looking for specific test prep materials, not full AP courses.

Did your kids find the practice questions in the Sterling book to be similar to the ones on the actual test? I've heard that some of the test prep books have practice questions that are more similar to the old AP Physics B test, whereas the new tests have more conceptual questions.

Did your kids find the practice questions in the Sterling book to be similar to the ones on the actual test? I've heard that some of the test prep books have practice questions that are more similar to the old AP Physics B test, whereas the new tests have more conceptual questions.

I asked ds and he doesn't remember his opinion of the book one way or the other (he took it last year), and said that his ps teacher helped the class a lot, giving the class a lot of tests with conceptual questions. Sorry I can't give more info on that book! I thought my kids had used the book more than they actually did I guess.