Menu

Question on Calculus Plan

My daughter is currently in 8th grade and working through Saxon Advanced Mathematics (and doing fairly well too).  Next year she would technically move into Saxon Calculus but I am not sure I want to have  her do Calc 1 and take the AP or CLEP test freshman year.  So my thoughts are to slow down a bit on the Advanced for this year and finish it up in the fall and then start Saxon Calculus which I plan on supplementing with Larson.  I would call this class pre-Calculus on her transcript.  Then the following year I would complete the program and then have her do the test.  At that point she could probably do the BC test but I am not sure.

I am also thinking about actually submitting a syllabus to the College Board so I could list it as an actual AP class.

Has anyone else done something like this?  Or any suggestions on how to go?  I just do not want her moving into either Calculus II or III at a CC before junior year of high school.