Menu

WTMA Logic Stage History

tmstranger

For those that have taken this class, what is involved in the actual class time?  Is there some type of socratic discussion of the history topics?  What "happens" in class? 

I'm really trying to "step up" my 8th grader's history (next year) and I'm researching my options...thanks!

My oldest is enrolled in ancient history this year. She's young for it, but is Language and history strong. The majority of kids in her class are middle schoolers.

Her class involves a discussion board. They are required to answer one question on Monday and two responses on Wednesday. On Friday she has either an outline, a quiz, or summary due. She is required to maintain a timeline. She's a delayed student so she doesn't participate in the lecture; she views it after the fact. The lecture does involve students, though.

• Like 1

My oldest is enrolled in ancient history this year. She's young for it, but is Language and history strong. The majority of kids in her class are middle schoolers.

Her class involves a discussion board. They are required to answer one question on Monday and two responses on Wednesday. On Friday she has either an outline, a quiz, or summary due. She is required to maintain a timeline. She's a delayed student so she doesn't participate in the lecture; she views it after the fact. The lecture does involve students, though.

Thank you. 

May I ask how she is able to answer the required questions in the delayed class?  Does she just email the teacher?  How does that work? Delayed may work for our schedule better, if it is available as an option. 

Sorry. I just saw the response.. we've been busy. :p

The discussion questions are in a forum just like most other online classes. As a delayed student, she is still required to respond to these. The only difference between her and the other students is that she is not required to "attend" the lecture. She's still required to view it, but not live.