Menu

Big, BIG brag!!

I made dd's halloween costume w/out a pattern!

I don't really sew. I fake it. I tried learning from my mom, but she didn't make sense (she left out important, though perhaps obvious, steps). I tried reading a book. But, ah, I don't really read sequentially very well, lol. So I just take patterns & kind-of do a combination of following them & making up what might work. I guess you could say I don't follow directions well.

So, anyway, dd5 is going to be a spy, & I wanted to model her costume after Audrey Hepburn, but of course, they don't sell those little black dresses from the 60s for littles & they don't sell patterns for them for littles, either.

I made my own. It's a skirt-blouse combo, to make the measurements easier, but the blouse has that particular neckline & a slight dip in the back, & it's fully lined & reversible. (I forgot to get lining material, so I just grabbed some slinky flowery stuff I had on hand.)

She just tried it on this AM. It's PERFECT!!! I mean, it fits, goes off & on, & looks like AH on a costume-level. The whole thing cost less than $4! And I have material left over to make ds a bow tie & vest (James Bond).

Yipppppppeeeeeeeeee! I love it when things work!

I made dd's halloween costume w/out a pattern!

I don't really sew. I fake it. I tried learning from my mom, but she didn't make sense (she left out important, though perhaps obvious, steps). I tried reading a book. But, ah, I don't really read sequentially very well, lol. So I just take patterns & kind-of do a combination of following them & making up what might work. I guess you could say I don't follow directions well.

So, anyway, dd5 is going to be a spy, & I wanted to model her costume after Audrey Hepburn, but of course, they don't sell those little black dresses from the 60s for littles & they don't sell patterns for them for littles, either.

I made my own. It's a skirt-blouse combo, to make the measurements easier, but the blouse has that particular neckline & a slight dip in the back, & it's fully lined & reversible. (I forgot to get lining material, so I just grabbed some slinky flowery stuff I had on hand.)

She just tried it on this AM. It's PERFECT!!! I mean, it fits, goes off & on, & looks like AH on a costume-level. The whole thing cost less than $4! And I have material left over to make ds a bow tie & vest (James Bond).

Yipppppppeeeeeeeeee! I love it when things work!

Where's a picture, woman? I miss your blog. That baby with the wild hair! Caedmon! I wanted to name one of my boys Caedmon. And all those smiley faces....