Make-up poll

Do you like make-up?  

1. 1. Do you like make-up?

• I wear full make-up daily.
    • I wear limited make-up daily.
    • I wear full make-up occasionally.
    • I wear limited make-up occasionally.
    • I do not wear make-up.
    • I think most women look nicer in make-up.
    • I think most women look nicer without make-up.
    • Other

Barring a house fire, you will not catch me in public without eyebrows on. Mine are naturally translucent! :D

Beyond that I wear mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick every day; eyeliner and blush most days; and primer and foundation occasionally.

My complexion is best described as peaches-and-cream, which makes it very difficult to achieve a natural look with foundation.

OH gee. :tongue_smilie:

OK, in my defense - i got up at 4:20am to take my mom to the airport. Got home at 7am so DH could go to work on time.... My Mt Dew hasn't kicked in yet!

She had great shoes and a cute as can be little dress too! LOL!!!

...just laughing at the thought of shoes with foundation. Some days, I probably need to put on that much makeup. Like the days I get up at 4:00 am to take my daughter to a rowing regatta! Honey, I'm right there with you!

When I was a teenager I wore full makeup everyday: foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. About halfway through college I decided to stop wearing makeup. My decision was due in part to viewing films such as Killing Us Softly and beginning to realize that (in my view) the cosmetics industry was trying to make women feel inadequate so that women would buy their products. I didn't want to support their industry any longer. I remembered being an impressionable 12yo girl about to be allowed to wear makeup and truly believing that if I tried loose powder instead of pressed powder that it would magically transform my very large-pored skin into the flawless, porcelain-like skin of the models in the advertisments. I remember spending my allowance on the loose powder and being so hopeful and excited. I remember using the loose powder and feeling very disappointed that my pores were still visible.

The other influence on my decision was that my dh (who was my boyfriend and fiancee in college) honestly thought that I was prettier without makeup. He thought that I was just naturally beautiful and didn't need the extra adornment. He was not the type of guy to insist or even ask that I not wear makeup, but I knew his preference and that made it easier for me to stop wearing it.

I did wear a little bit of makeup in my wedding just because it was a special day. And I wore makeup occasionally for a few years afterwards on special occasions. But then I just decided to pretty much give it up entirely. Now when I want to feel especially dressed up I use lip gloss! It works well for me. I'm wondering if someday I might want to start wearing it again, but for now I'm quite happy without it.

I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow (a barely there color that keeps my eyeliner from riding up to my eyebrows) mascara and lipstick.

It sounds like a lot but anyone that has met me can attest to the fact that I don't look make up at all. :001_smile:

Most days I walk out of the house wearing concealer, foundation, mascara and lip gloss. When I don't wear them, I get comments about how tired I look or people asking why I'm out if I'm so sick.

Foundation and concealer are a must for me. I have dark circles under my eyes and the mask of pregnancy that's still hanging around 4.5 years later.

I go all out once a year for the Marine Corps Ball and put on the works.