Menu

Online Community College Classes?

Hi Maryam,

We've taken all our courses at the local CC in person so far. But we do have friends who have taken their online versions. Much depends on the instructor and subject like any course really. If the school wasn't so close we would probably take some online.

Regarding taking courses abroad, I would contact one of the schools of interest and ask. Here's one in Santa Barbara with a good reputation for online courses: http://www.sbcc.edu/distanceeducation/destudentsupport.php

Edited by dereksurfs
  • Like 2

I agree with checking with a few schools. Here, a good number of classes are available online, and are available at the same price as other DE classes (so almost free if your child is a Jr. or Sr in high school). Exams have to be proctored, but there are a number of options for that (the exams are online, so you just need a non-related proctor to supervise them, which can be done at any college in-state, a public high school, or a private center like Sylvan). I've done a lot of classes to keep my teaching license active online.

I believe this is a state-wide program in TN. I know that for some of my continuing ed classes, it has been possible to register for the same class at multiple schools, with different tuition rates, yet be in the same virtual classroom with the same instructor!

Edited by dmmetler