Menu

Resume for Scholarships

goldberry

Several scholarships DD is applying for require a resume.  She has a resume for job applications, but I would guess this would focus more on academic achievements.

For example, she competed 4 years on a competitive science team and won numerous awards there.  That is mentioned on her job resume (under education/extras, because she doesn't have much job experience) but briefly.  Would it be appropriate to detail the info on a scholarship resume, including what events she participated in and won awards?

I've done a million job resumes, helping out friends, etc, but I feel lost on a scholarship resume.  Anyone willing to share or give advice?

Thank you!

Edited by goldberry

Adding, the info on her science awards and events is also on her transcript though. So maybe I should just keep the mention brief but say, full details on transcript?

Also, I see that on some resumes for scholarships they mention class ranking along with GPA and test scores.  Should I add this:

Note: As a homeschool student concurrently enrolled in college, I do not have a high school class ranking to provide.

Or not mention it?

On my daughter's scholarship resumes, coursework was not included. It did include very basic academic credentials like GPA and test scores, and any academic activities awards.

Her resume format varied according to the specific requirements of the scholarship programs, but typically included separate sections for athletics, music, community service, and employment.