Menu

Math Mammoth help. Old vs New

indigomama

Hello, 

I bought MM in 2010. My son is in 7th grade and just finishing 6A. I went to print 6B and realized it did not come with my original purchase. Then I found out that there has been an update.

Is there a way to purchase the old 6B? 

I own the new 7 A&B, should I just move him into 7A? 

Can someone help me understand the changes made? 

I would definitely just move on to 7A.  It's been a long time and so I don't remember the changes, but a good portion of the old 6 ended up in 7, and then additional topics were added to 7 to make it a prealgebra.  I vaguely recall that the old 6B had percents, geometry, and some statistics.  Those should all be hit again in MM7.

Here's an old thread:  http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/439214-math-mammoth-revisions/  Note that while MM7 is akin to a traditional prealgebra and also CC-aligned, it is NOT the same as CC8.  (Disclaimer:  I have not used MM7 though I have both the old and new Light Blue series somewhere around here; I mostly used the old one, years ago)

Edited by wapiti

I would definitely just move on to 7A.  It's been a long time and so I don't remember the changes, but a good portion of the old 6 ended up in 7, and then additional topics were added to 7 to make it a prealgebra.  I vaguely recall that the old 6B had percents, geometry, and some statistics.  Those should all be hit again in MM7.

Here's an old thread:  http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/439214-math-mammoth-revisions/  Note that while MM7 is akin to a traditional prealgebra and also CC-aligned, it is NOT the same as CC8.  (Disclaimer:  I have not used MM7 though I have both the old and new Light Blue series somewhere around here; I mostly used the old one, years ago)

Thank you for responding again :) I was trying trying to compare everything, and it looked like he would be able to just go into the new 7A and not have missed much that wasn't going to get recovered in the future.