Menu

Biology labs for Campbell/Reece

I scored a brand new Campbell/Reece textbook and an art notebook at Goodwill! I'm excited about that, but need ideas on implementation. It's an AP level book, correct? Would a biology lab kit from Science Shepherd be useful? I'm at a bit of a loss on making my own schedule/labs/tests.

There is an AP lab manual that goes with it.  You can buy one that has the student pages as well as the teacher pages.  I think I bought mine from the college board website.  I just looked on amazon, and they only have the student manual.  You would definitely need the teacher one as well, I would think!  It gives lots more instructions on how to set up.  We ended up doing some virtually because some of them are really complicated, or I couldn't get all the materials or whatever.  

If you are planning on having your child take the AP bio exam, then you should at least familiarize him with the labs in the manual.  Although the college board no longer says you have to do these 12 labs to be prepared for the exam, like they used to before the redesign, there are still concepts and calculations in the manual that will be on the exam.

Edited by AFwife Claire
  • Like 1

Well, Campbell wrote several biology textbooks. Biology: Exploring Life is standard high school level; Biology Concepts and Connections is honors/non-major intro; just plain Biology is seriously AP/college level. There's another one with "essential" in the title that I *think* is aimed at non-majors.

We're using the Concepts and Connections version with Laboratory Investigations for Biology by Jean Dickey for labs.

• Like 2