Please make a selection for the Nov/Dec book  

1. 1. Please make a selection for the Nov/Dec book

• Bridge of Sighs
    • Run
    • Snow
    • The Razor's Edge
    • The Painted Veil
    • The Woman in White

...before I even realized the movie and book ended differently! (I've seen the movie, but not read the book).

It looks like we probably won't be picking it, but you should really read it when you get the chance. It is not very long and is engrossing, even after watching the movie. If you do read it let me know...I'd love to discuss your thoughts regarding the differences between the two. :001_smile:

I don't know if it's politic to do this, but in the event of a tie, I'd like to vote against Snow. I tried to read it a couple of years ago and simply couldn't finish it. I'd read other work by Pamuk, but this one stymied me.

Yay! Janet is here!

Hey, say what you want. We're a very diverse group (have you looked at our member list? It's wonderful). If you have strong feelings for or against any of our choices, we'd like to hear it.

And was it really good??

It was a delightful book, but in my opinion, it isn't really a book that would generate a lot of discussion. It has been a while since I read it, but I can't remember anything that would evoke strong feelings or the need to process things. I also really enjoyed Moonstone.

I voted for Snow, but I'm fine if we don't do that one.

I'm not going to vote and skew your poll. I liked the description of WIW best, but I think I'm going to wait for the next announcement to read with you. I seem to be in an action/adventure mode lately. So I'm going back to military folks blowing things up for the survival of the country.

All right, who checked out The Woman in White from my library?

;)

Me. :D

Actually, I was surprised to find that there are seven copies in our county system. Two of them were already on hold.

That *really* made me feel like a doofus for not having heard of the author. :001_huh: