Menu

1st grade literature

Elizabeth86

I’m still pretty new to homeschooling my oldest son for his first year of kindergarten this year.  We have kept it pretty simple this year, but I’m already trying to plan for next year.  I thought I had it all mapped out, BUT then I ran across the Storytime Treasures from Memoria Press.  I then discovered there were similar literature guides I think they were called from Veritas and Progeny.  I believe.  Sorry if I got that wrong, I only just heard about these this week.  I’m not sure why, but I’m really really drawn to these and I believe my son would like them as well.  So, can we compare the 3 please?  Thanks for your help. 

I prefer MP but that is just my choice.  My son really liked MP but like previous poster said we added more free reading along with it. 

Another idea, that I have used that I really like is:  A Mind in the Light lit guides.  very simple and laid out and we have used them this year.  Really have enjoyed the simplicity yet fullness of the program you can look at samples on her website.  :)  HTH

• Like 2