Menu

Teach Your Monster to Read Level

ReadingMama1214

The first level is basic phonics (very few digraphs). Second level is more advanced phonics, and some sight words, iirc. We didn't do level 3 but I imagine it's either higher phonics, more complex sight words, maybe homophones? I thought they had a s&s on their website?

ETA- it is on their website but I can't link on my phone. I googled teach monster read level 3 and found a "game by game comparison", which listed mostly what I guessed. Except detailed. Higher level sentences in level three, more complex vowel grams and sight words, no homophones listed.

Edited by displace

The first level is basic phonics (very few digraphs). Second level is more advanced phonics, and some sight words, iirc. We didn't do level 3 but I imagine it's either higher phonics, more complex sight words, maybe homophones? I thought they had a s&s on their website?

ETA- it is on their website but I can't link on my phone. I googled teach monster read level 3 and found a "game by game comparison", which listed mostly what I guessed. Except detailed. Higher level sentences in level three, more complex vowel grams and sight words, no homophones listed.

I saw the s&is as well, but they state it as kindergarten/year 1. It includes complex phonics, more complex sentences, and other things you said.

To me that doesn't seem like K level. From what I've seen of K phonics curriculums it is more basic concepts. The website lists the first two levels as preschool and the third as K. Just seems advanced for K

It may be just that someone did an age comparison rather than a level one.  

I think year 1 in England is the same age as kindergarten - 5-6 year olds?  The level of reading for year 1 should be higher than K level, because English schools start with reception class for 4-5 year olds, and they teach reading in reception.