Menu

Videotext Algebra

wehave8

Is there anything you can think of that would be missing/lacking after going through the complete Videotext Algebra?

I just hate to pour all we have into a program, and then find out we need to go back and fill in missing pieces.

Pam

My oldest DS used Video Text (Algebra and all that is finished of Geometry) and is now happily succeeding in AoPS Precalculus. Second DS is not as natural a math student but is making great conceptual gains with Video Text. We aren't there yet, but I anticipate him being very well prepared for a more mainstream approach to Precalculus like Chalkdust.

So in our experience it doesn't have holes. But I do think that the website's claim that it counts as precalculus is fishy (especially since the trig portion of Geometry still isn't finished and we've been using VT since 2013 :glare: ). Algebra I & II and Geometry yes. Precalc no.

Hope that helps!

My oldest DS used Video Text (Algebra and all that is finished of Geometry) and is now happily succeeding in AoPS Precalculus. Second DS is not as natural a math student but is making great conceptual gains with Video Text. We aren't there yet, but I anticipate him being very well prepared for a more mainstream approach to Precalculus like Chalkdust.

So in our experience it doesn't have holes. But I do think that the website's claim that it counts as precalculus is fishy (especially since the trig portion of Geometry still isn't finished and we've been using VT since 2013 :glare: ). Algebra I & II and Geometry yes. Precalc no.

Hope that helps!

That is a huge help!

Thank you!

Pam

• Like 1