Menu

Anyone use Evan Moor Daily Language and Paragraph Editing?

michaeljenn

I am thinking about adding in Evan Moor Daily Language Review and Daily Paragraph Editing for my 12yo daughter.  We are also using Rod and Staff English, but I feel like she needs more review... some of the R&S goes over her head or she forgets when we do oral review.   She is also taking Expository Writing 1 with the WTM Academy and that includes some grammar.  

I have even thought of dropping R&S for a season and picking it up later.... thoughts?

I use Daily Language with one kid who needs some remediation and needed to work on basic skills solo. I have Daily Paragraph for just whenever - both my kids use it occasionally. I think they're both solid. I feel like I've seen Daily Language Review help my kid who's a bit behind.

I haven't used R&S, but my understanding is that it's a formal grammar. These are more nitty gritty mechanics. Can you apply grammar and fix writing stuff. If the R&S isn't coming through in her writing, I think the Evan-Moor stuff is worth a try to see if a very different approach helps. But some of this depends on your goals. I'm okay with how far my kids got with grammar. I want them to focus on mechanics over formal grammar because neither of them love grammar and I don't believe it's completely necessary to have a deep understanding of grammar in order to write well. If you believe the opposite, you might want to stick with the R&S...

• Like 1