Menu

Homeschool kids out and about during school hours

pinkmint

I don't understand how the political or racial demographic would have any impact on following state laws.

It doesn't. I'm sorry if my remarks gave that impression.

I just meant to say I don't live in an area where you have what is more of a typical homeschool demographic. Meaning that we are more odd. Particularly in our neighborhood, making us more noticeable.

Edited by pinkmint
  • Like 1

It doesn't. I'm sorry if my remarks gave that impression.

I just meant to say I don't live in an area where you have what is more of a typical homeschool demographic. Meaning that we are more odd. Particularly in our neighborhood, making us more noticeable.

Well, I can think of two ways that you can make yourself more comfortable: 

1) Meet your neighbors and let them know you school at home in accordance of the law 

OR 

2)  Meet no one in the neighborhood and keep your legal documentation for the visiting authorities. 

While this may sound  flippant, I don't mean it that way.  You have to decide the right approach for you and yours.  

• Like 1

In DFW you have nothing to worry about. Not only has homeschooling been commonplace for many years now, there are gobs of private and charter schools that run on a different schedule from the public schools. No one is going to give a second look to a kid playing outside on a school day. Unless they are out most of the day every day, in which case your closest neighbors might wonder. But even then I doubt it. I was homeschooled in Duncanville and even then (20-30 years ago) we wandered the neighborhood and even walked to the grocery store by ourselves during the day with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk