Menu

Can you get paint out of clothes?

plain jane

My oldest volunteered to go do some painting for a good cause.  I told her several times that she needed to wear her worst clothes to go and do this.  On the day of, I was shocked by which jeans she chose but since I don't really know what all she has (and what she has passed down to her younger sister) I let it go.  I went to do her laundry today and discovered the jeans she wore were her $120 jeans.  :(   She has some really cheap, ugly jeans that she could have worn but today claims that she forgot about them.  I know it's only money but money is really tight for us right now.  I would have LOVED to have taken and worn the $120 jeans for myself (we fit the same size) rather than have her simply destroy them.  Is there any way to save them?  They were using outdoor paint from Home Depot and painting wood.  There's not tons of paint on them but enough that they certainly don't look good.  :(