Menu

Anyone want some levity? Can we laugh about our kids?

I think of the things my special needs kids say sometimes and inside my head I just chuckle. Of course, I wouldn't laugh out loud at *them*! But sometimes it helps to find the humor in situations. So I thought I'd share a small thing that happened today, and if anyone else has one to add, I hope you do!! :)

This afternoon, 9yo ds' soccer team was having a practice and a pizza party.

I told him that he would be going to practice, and then afterward they would be having a pizza party for the team.

He said, "I wonder what they'll have at the pizza party."

I said, "Do you mean to eat?"

He said, "Yes."

I asked him, "What do you think you might eat at a pizza party?:

"Ummmm..... Pizza??"

I just had to chuckle inside that he was asking me what he would eat at a pizza party. :D

Well I will add to this thread. I think we could all use some levity every now and then. Yesterday was not such a good day around here. My son did not sleep well the night before so I am sure that is why we had a not so good day with school work.

He was also quick to anger. So we were sitting and talking about his anger when he told me that he was angry at me for beating him at Battleship and that he was "six miles past anger!" :lol:

My son has had some language vocabulary problems and at the age of 20 still does to an extent.

When he was pretty young - about 12 or 13 - him and a friend of his were walking past one of the neighbors houses and one of the neighbor girls were yelling some rude things to him and his friend. These girls were known for purposely causing trouble for the other kids.

The big brother of the trouble causing girl came outside and yelled at my son and his friend "Don't call my sister a prostitute."

My son came inside and said Chris yelled at us not to call his sister a prostitute but we didn't call her a prostitute. Then he said "What's a prostitute ?"

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound so funny in print but at the time, it seemed funny the way my son came in and asked "What is a prostitute ?".