Menu

New Fitbit Charge 2 vs Charge HR? WWYD?

ktgrok

My Fitbit Charge HR has been malfunctioning. It gives me 3-40 flights of stairs a day despite me not going up any stairs. Ever. Not as a fluke, not due to wind or barometric pressure issues (I was indoors, and checked the weather) and it's driving me nuts. Fitbit customer service will send me a new one free of charge because it has been less than a year, so under warranty. OR I can get 30% the new Fitbit Charge 2. 

I'd been eying the Charge 2, it's a bit nicer, but even with the discount would cost me about $100. I CAN spend that money, but it's almost the holidays so seems unwise/silly. 

Anyone have the new Charge 2 and think it's that much better than the HR? Or should I just replace what I have?

UPDATE: Just going to get the replacement. 30% off isn't enough of a discount to make me jump on it. I can get 25% off over the holidays just shopping sales! Makes more sense to get the replacement, and then if I really want the newer version sell that one!

Edited by ktgrok

I love everything about my charge hr except the band. If you can sell and switch I would while it is still saleable. Mine is nearly 2 years old and is the band is falling apart. In reading complaints, this is very common, and is probably a big reason the charge2 has replaceable bands. I'm hoping to find one on sale before mine falls off completely.

I love everything about my charge hr except the band. If you can sell and switch I would while it is still saleable. Mine is nearly 2 years old and is the band is falling apart. In reading complaints, this is very common, and is probably a big reason the charge2 has replaceable bands. I'm hoping to find one on sale before mine falls off completely.

I may do this...go ahead and sell it while it is in new condition, and get the Charge 2.