Menu

Need new dinner plates

bethben

Well, now I think I've decided I need new FW dishes! Of course, I've been looking for a few years to find what I want, so it's not really that spur of the moment. But with everyone saying Black Friday is when to get the best price, I think this year is the year! :) My problem with the 4- or 5- piece place settings is that I don't like the small cups. I need those big 15-oz mugs. Is it ever economical to just buy what you want separately? I wish they'd make a place setting with the big mugs!

Kitten18...I can relate with the choosing colors thing. I could look and analyze and eventually be crippled with that decision! :/

I can never find the white in-store to look at though, which bugs me. I've tried many different Dillard's and a couple of Macy's.

I'll have to have them shipped if I buy during BF. Have most of you had good luck with that, or did you buy in-store?

Thanks!

I've always bought online. My Macy's box came totally beat up and I did have to exchange one piece.

Each of my kids has their own color. They are only allowed to use their color and they are responsible for getting them in the dishwasher. It has helped so much with knowing who left their plate out. And when they move out the get to take them.

I typically buy the 4 piece set. Add luncheon plates. I have a couple of the large mugs that I use for guests. I add serving dishes every now and then. Black Friday at Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond (online only) or Macy's will be the cheapest price you will find. I know Dillard's also carry's them but we don't have Dillard's so I don't know their sales.

• Like 2

I bought a bunch of sets online from Kohls and they all arrived in good condition even though the outside box was pretty beat up.

Did you end up going with the 3-piece set you mentioned up thread? I'm considering getting that set (the Bistro), since I don't need the cups. I can't tell how the bistro differs from the regular 4 or 5 piece sets, but I think I like those deep bowls better too.

Just to keep this thread alive, I thought I'd update you all on the FW part of my life. :) I bought the white Bistro 3-piece sets today from kohls online. With the awesome deal BeckyFL posted, I thought it would probably be at least as good as any Black Friday deals. I got each set for about $17.35 after all of the coupons and discounts. Woo-hoo!!!

Just to keep this thread alive, I thought I'd update you all on the FW part of my life. :) I bought the white Bistro 3-piece sets today from kohls online. With the awesome deal BeckyFL posted, I thought it would probably be at least as good as any Black Friday deals. I got each set for about $17.35 after all of the coupons and discounts. Woo-hoo!!!

And...the well trained mind forum has cost a few of us a lot of money.  I went with colors.  Eating out of a red bowl makes me happy.

• Like 1