Menu

Having a ring resized

Night Elf

I had my wedding set enlarged when I gained a lot of weight. I can see the small discolored bit showing where they added metal. Now it's been years and I've lost the weight. My ring is too large. Can I have it resized again, or will that weaken the ring? It's a jacket ring with the solitaire welded on so it's basically one ring and the bottom of it looks like one band because of how they were attached to each other. Wearing this ring is very important to me so I don't want to do anything to damage it. I did try some little plastic thingies that were supposed to fit around the bottom of the ring to make it smaller but the product was impossible to use. It was a waste of money.

Yes, it can be resized. Take it to a reputable independent jeweler,t bough. I've had two rings resized to bigger sizes and I can't tell at all when I look at them. Sizing down is the same - you shouldn't be able to tell. The jeweler will but the gold they remove in the resizing process also.

Yes, it can be resized. Take it to a reputable independent jeweler,t bough. I've had two rings resized to bigger sizes and I can't tell at all when I look at them. Sizing down is the same - you shouldn't be able to tell. The jeweler will but the gold they remove in the resizing process also.

Agree. I just had my wedding ring resized because apparently my knuckles have gotten bigger with age- it's seamless. You shouldn't be able to tell, so definitely don't go where you went last time!

Edited by texasmom33

I can't remember where I got it sized last time but that was a long time ago. There is a locally owned store not far away I would go to. I've purchased jewelry there. It's been in business for over 25 years and I think the owner still works there. It has good reviews. I only found one bad review and the rebuttal from the store said they were able to resolve the issue with the customer to her satisfaction. I don't know if there was a way for the customer to come back and say anything though. I wear another ring on my right hand ring finger and it's too big too. It's never been resized. On both fingers, my stones keep turning around into the palm of my hand. It's just annoying, but I've lived with it for several years now since I lost my weight.