Menu

FYI, public service announcement: we still have the ignore feature.

Some time ago when the board was updated, I read a few posts lamenting that the ignore feature was removed. It's not.

If you go to Your Control Panel, then down to Settings and Options, click on "Edit Ignore List." There should be a bar at the bottom, "Add a Member to Your List..." You just type the user name there.

In these volatile days of political disagreement, the Ignore feature can be your friend!

I am not picking an argument but it just seems kind of weird. Tell me where I am wrong.

It is a good way to skip over posters who tend to "pull your string" so to speak. If you find it hard to control yourself when you read their posts, just put them on ignore and don't read their posts at all! It can make perusing the boards less stressful.

it serves me as a reminder to exercise a little more restraint. Though you can still see the posts of the Ignored, you have to work a little harder to respond to them. This has consistently proven to be a help to me. Some days I'm a little more likely to be aggressive, so I (personally) need the help.