Menu

FB question

PrincessMommy

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't remember if it's impossible or not.

Is there any way to stop my friends from seeing when I post on another friend's newsfeed posts (who they do not know)?  I know it's popping up ON my newsfeed and I'm sure it pops up on theirs too because they comment! 

Several times in the last week I've commented on a friend's post only to have another friend, who doesn't know them at all, also post.  What the heck??  It's like interjecting yourself into someone else's conversation.

Is there any way to stop this?? 

Your friend who you are commenting on needs to change the privacy of their posts. Their posts are public and that is why your likes are comments are getting shared to your friends. It's a recent problem with Facebook and it is driving me nuts.

that's what I was figuring.  I looked around on my own security settings, but nothing jumped out at me. 

It's particularly bad right now because of this election season.  Some friends think they're being "helpful" with their wisdom  :confused1: .  I want to scream...go away! 

• Like 2

Yep, it has everything to do with the privacy settings of their friends, and whether those settings allow the public or friends-of-friends to post on their posts. Some friends' settings may not allow other friends to post, but may be set so that "friends-of-friends" can see their posts, and those posts that you comment on will go through some of your other friends' newsfeeds.