Menu

CLRC lit classes

My dd13 has taken Introduction to Composition & Literature (6th/7th) and is now taking British Literature (8th).  Last year she wrote four essays and read several books (two Dickens, Romeo and Juliet, and a couple more, along with short stories, I can't remember right now). She enjoyed the weekly discussions of the books with the other students.  She also learned how to write an essay.   I would be glad to answer any questions, if I can.

• Like 3

My dd13 has taken Introduction to Composition & Literature (6th/7th) and is now taking British Literature (8th). Last year she wrote four essays and read several books (two Dickens, Romeo and Juliet, and a couple more, along with short stories, I can't remember right now). She enjoyed the weekly discussions of the books with the other students. She also learned how to write an essay. I would be glad to answer any questions, if I can.

Did you supplement writing if did you feel it was enough?

I am also wondering if you have experience with other providers and how you would compare them.

Last year she wrote summaries for every chapter of each assigned book along with rough drafts and final essays.  I felt she did enough writing, especially for her age.  She also had a blog going for time and entered a couple local writing competitions.  No, she hasn't tried other providers other than Athena's Academy when she was younger.

Edited by Jewels
  • Like 1

Last year she wrote summaries for every chapter of each assigned book along with rough drafts and final essays. I felt she did enough writing, especially for her age. She also had a blog going for time and entered a couple local writing competitions. No, she hasn't tried other providers other than Athena's Academy when she was younger.

We are taking Intro to Lit and WWS and I am wondering if that's too much. Intro to Lit asks summaries for four chapters, plus couple paragraphs for discussion question, plus finishing up essay next week. In comparison WWS2 has been super easy.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree Roadrunner. My dd13 really liked the book selections and online chat classroom with CLRC.

Absolutely. We are loving the class and will stay with this provider for lit going forward. In fact I like book selection so much, I wish we had time to take them all, including their Great Books sequence. My problem is figuring out what else I need to do for language arts in addition. We just can't fit in MCT grammar, vocab, and WWS writing in addition to this class if we are to do any other subject. What are your thoughts? What would you add to that class to consider complete language arts?

Edited by Roadrunner