Menu

Whistling

Eagle

Does anyone know what resources are available for expanding skills on whistling? Ds taught himself to whistle a few years ago and has reached an amazingly proficient level on his own. We listen to classical music and he can whistle all of the songs beautifully. Is there something I could be doing (lessons, resources, etc.) to help bring out his natural talent or should I just stay out of the way?

If he's whistling along beautifully and you don't know how to whistle better than him, then I'd stay out of the way.

If you just MUST get do something them maybe look up some videos of proficient and talented whistlers on YouTube and let him watch some of those videos. There is a Musical Duo of a Pianist and a Hand-whistler/hand-flutist (They're Asian and the name escapes me at the moment) who play well.

I've learned the basics of how to play hand-whistle/hand-flute from watching YouTube videos.

I challenged myself many, many years ago by whistling the MacGyver theme song over and over and over. I'd say stay out of his way (for now) but I can understand the desire to help.

How is his breathing? That was what would get me before I finally managed MacGyver to my satisfaction.

That youtube video is so cool, J-rap!

Edited by quark
  • Like 1