Menu

Life of Fred Algebra

Grantmom

I posted about LOF Pre-Algebra in another thread, but thought I'd start a new one because this is more specifically about the Algebra books.  With regards to LOF Algebra, I have Beginning Algebra and Fred's Home Companion to Beginning Algebra.  I am guessing these are older versions because I don't see the Home Companions on the website anymore.  How do you use the Home Companion?  And then if I want to transition to the newer books, is there anything I need to know?  I don't want to purchase anything that is not necessary, but I also don't want to have a gap.  Thanks!

• Like 1

​Essentially, you already own the newer book!  The current expanded version is Beginning Algebra and the Home Companion combined.  The Home companion provides daily assignments, a complete answer key, and extra practice problems.  If you want even more practice, you can buy Zillions of Practice Problems for Beginning Algebra from any site that sells Life of Fred, e.g., Rainbow Resource, Christian Book, etc.

• Like 2

Okay, thank you so much!  That was where I was confused, because I was reading in the Life of Fred earlier books about the Home Companion being something new, but then I didn't see those listed on the website anymore.  So basically now, if we go on to the Advanced Algebra, and I can just order that book, and it will be like getting the Home Companion already with it, right?  And the Zillions of Practice Problems books are just for extra, but not necessary if you don't want to do them at the moment?

Thanks so much for clarifying for me!    :001_smile:

So basically now, if we go on to the Advanced Algebra, and I can just order that book, and it will be like getting the Home Companion already with it, right?  And the Zillions of Practice Problems books are just for extra, but not necessary if you don't want to do them at the moment?

Correct, and correct.

• Like 1