Menu

Windows to the World ok for a junior?

My students are in 9th & 11th grades. I'm definitely using WttW w/the Jill Pike syllabus for my 9th grade ds & would like to use it for my 11th grade dd as well, but I'm not sure how that will look on a transcript. She has read widely & is a natural writer, but *really* hates to discuss what she's read, so I thought this program would be helpful for tearing the lit apart & then discussing with her brother. Since I'm not sure that it actually will take her the full 5 hours/week to do the work, I'm hoping that I can have her reading additional short stories/essays/novels for at least an hour/week.

Has anyone used WttW with a junior? Did it work well? Was there time for additional reading? 

I can't answer your question as I haven't used WttW yet, but I'm looking at it for this next year for my dd going into 8th.  I do have a question of my own though, if you don't mind sharing...what is the Jill Pike syllabus?

Edited by jjeepa

I used it with my senior last year, but my bar may not be as high as some here.  We also did additional literature readings without extensive analysis.

Thank you! My bar is not terribly high. :) In the past, all we've done is read, have minor amounts of discussion, and write narrations. I'm so glad to hear that you had enough time for additional lit selections!