Menu

Ogburn School

Guest Francie in CA

I would not use it. The highest math they offer is Algebra II and the only science choices are Biology, Environmental Science, and Earth Science.

That would be a rather weak high school college prep program.

If the student wasn't college bound (although they do call it a college prep program) it might be fine?

And I question any program that claims you can graduate in four to six weeks. Either the curriculum is incredibly easy - or maybe the student only needs one class??? :confused:

This kind of reminds me of the "American School" in Chicago which provides a high school diploma for a minimal, but accredited program.(you don't pay for the courses individually, more for the whole program) The American school might even be cheaper, as it's nonprofit. When I read Cafi Cohen's first book, she wanted to provide some kind of accredited high school diploma, without a lot of frills or expense. She knew the education wasn't enough to get into a top college, but she supplemented with the CC classes and other homeschooled experiences. I remember that she said her kids were pretty much beyond the required math by the time they signed up for the program.

This was years ago, and her goal was mainly for the diploma, and covering the basics needed for that. This program could be similar, at least from first look. It could be feasible if you wanted to graduate from High School quickly. This school is accredited so it has met some required standards. You can always contact the credentialing body if you have questions.

Never heard of it before.

I suppose it might be ok, but since you're in California, you should be aware that it would not be a legal option for you. You'd still need to file a private school affidavit or enroll in a California-based private school in addition to Ogburn.