Menu

Memoria Press Lit vs WWE

elah

This might sound like a dumb question, but I am going to ask anyways. I have used WWE for my daughter going into third grade for the last two years. I am thinking about not using WWE 3 but instead using Memoria Press's literature guides for grade 3 level. It looks like there is over lap and I don't want to do double the work and both of us get bored (plus I have 3 other kids and don't have time). Would that cover what WWE covers plus add a layer of of lit to it as well? 

Thanks in advance for the advise! 

I would definitely recommend the MP lit. It's whole books remember tho, whereas wwe is snitbits.

I think the MP whole book approach is much more detailed involved and gives you so many more benefits within the book lit books themselves.

I've used both. The over lap is minute as wwe give you only short peices if the book whereas MP gives the WHOLE picture and more fosters a love of books and learning.

I still have my wwe, and use it fir shirt days or days when we have to be in the run.

I think you'll get so much more out if the MP. We have.

I know those will chime in about enrichment (reading the whole book ) fir selections chosen in wwe.

But, MP goes so much deeper.

If I were you I'd try mp for a semester at least and see what you think.

I'm a huge huge fan of MP.

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 2

Thanks Kat w! 

When using WWE I would pick out the books of interest to my daughter and we would check them out from the library and read the whole thing as well. I appreciate your insight since you have used both. 

• Like 1

I did thst sometimes too. Couldn't always, but did when I could .

In those books I try to do grammar anayalsis . which for my boys is easier to use a book at home BC writing with erasable colored pencils , helps my boys visualize the parts Of speech too.

Throw in a lil grammar lesson here and there within the whole book .

This mama gotta get creative lol

Edited by Kat w

Keep in mind that the lit guides from MP were originally designed for classroom use, so the kids take turns reading aloud, work together to craft well written answers, the teachers help with the vocab, etc. So it's not just one kid sitting at a desk doing the workbook.

BUT, that is not meant as discouragement, we love the lit guides. We had great discussions about stuff jumping off from the lit guides. And the funny thing is, after finishing one my DS has been known to pick up the book as soon as we're were finished and start reading it again.

• Like 1