Menu

Seeking parenting advice re road trip -- UPDATED: THE RV IS HERE!!!

SeaConquest

Looking for insight from parents of older kids  

67 members have voted

1. 1. When would you take the road trip?

• When oldest is in 3rd and 4th grades (age 8-10) and youngest is in PK4 and K (age 4-5)?
    • When oldest is in 4th and 5th grades (age 9-11) and youngest is in K and 1st (age 5-6)?
    • When oldest is in 5th and 6th grades (age 10-12) and youngest is in 1st and 2nd (age 6-7)?
    • When oldest is in 6th and 7th grades (age 11-13) and youngest is in 2nd and 3rd (age 7-8)?
    • Don't go; your extroverted kids will be miserable.
    • Other.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you frozen from stress or is it just going to be fairly simple?

Probably both. I have anxiety, so change is always difficult for me. My usual [ineffective] coping strategy is procrastination and denial. At the end of the day, it's probably not going to be a huge deal. We already live in a small space, so it's not like we are downsizing from a 3000 sq. foot home, and I have my husband and housekeeper to help out. So, thankfully, I am not doing this alone. I am sure the reality will hit me when this enormous beast pulls up outside my front door!

• Like 1

Probably both. I have anxiety, so change is always difficult for me. My usual [ineffective] coping strategy is procrastination and denial. At the end of the day, it's probably not going to be a huge deal. We already live in a small space, so it's not like we are downsizing from a 3000 sq. foot home, and I have my husband and housekeeper to help out. So, thankfully, I am not doing this alone. I am sure the reality will hit me when this enormous beast pulls up outside my front door!

Well, that sounds pretty normal. Personally, I think minimizing the pain is not such a bad strategy lol. Probably better for your children to do it all at once intensively at the end, anyway. With any luck, the upset from the move will be tempered somewhat with the excitement. Easier to be excited about a giant reality than a plan. : ) good luck!

Nan

• Like 1

• 5 months later...