Menu

Biblioplan coming from MFW

We are doing this for the sake of variety and we wanted a lighter more flexible schedule and to pick our own choice of science. My oldest has cycled out of the MFW family cycle and I knew I did not want to do the MFW high school program. I love that Biblioplan can be modified for K-12. We did use it prior to MFW.

We are doing this for the sake of variety and we wanted a lighter more flexible schedule and to pick our own choice of science. My oldest has cycled out of the MFW family cycle and I knew I did not want to do the MFW high school program. I love that Biblioplan can be modified for K-12. We did use it prior to MFW.

Can I ask what made you decide not to do their HS? My oldest will be 8th this fall, so we are very close to making that decision as well. :)

Not sure if this will be helpful to you or not, just my own experience.  I switched to Biblioplan for one year due to finances.  It was cheaper and DH was between jobs at the time I needed to buy stuff.  It was okay, but I just didn't care for it as much as MFW, so the next year I switched back.  We are doing our second go round with the five year cycle.  It will be our second time doing CTG this fall.  My DD is doing high school and is in her third year and I have been very happy with it.

Can I ask what made you decide not to do their HS? My oldest will be 8th this fall, so we are very close to making that decision as well. :)

It is a combination of things. First my oldest has autism so the amount of academics would not be appropriate for him and I really enjoy doing history as a family. Also, I had a friend who did MFW all the way through. When her oldest hit HS she ordered MFW for him. It seemed to be so much bible it was overwhelming. And this is a pastoral family so they did not shy away from bible. It was that much. I guess this can be good or bad for some.

Not sure if this will be helpful to you or not, just my own experience.  I switched to Biblioplan for one year due to finances.  It was cheaper and DH was between jobs at the time I needed to buy stuff.  It was okay, but I just didn't care for it as much as MFW, so the next year I switched back.  We are doing our second go round with the five year cycle.  It will be our second time doing CTG this fall.  My DD is doing high school and is in her third year and I have been very happy with it.

I have seen this several times and when I added up what we could get by with, all hard copies because I don't want to have to print everything, it was more than what I spent on MFW basic Exp to 1850 plus read alouds! And that included science already. I guess the cheaper factor really comes in if you do e-books.

We have done MFW since my 8th grader was in K, minus 2 years we did HOD. But I don't know if I will repeat the cycle after we get through. 

It is a combination of things. First my oldest has autism so the amount of academics would not be appropriate for him and I really enjoy doing history as a family. Also, I had a friend who did MFW all the way through. When her oldest hit HS she ordered MFW for him. It seemed to be so much bible it was overwhelming. And this is a pastoral family so they did not shy away from bible. It was that much. I guess this can be good or bad for some.

Thank you. It is a lot of reading, the whole OT in the 9th grade year. I think my oldest might be up for that challenge, but my 2nd daughter really would probably not do well with that.

• Like 1