Menu

Gift idea suggestions for adoption case workers...

We are getting close to Adoption Day with our f/a daughter :party: and I would like to get the social workers and the VGAL who have been involved in her case something to let them know how grateful I am for all their support. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance:001_smile:

It can be just the family with the new child or my s-in-law has done one with the judge and parents and child. (She has adopted six). The workers often have a bulletin board of all the "happy conclusions" for their job (which I am sure helps them during the bad times of knowing a child went back to unfit parents or when an adoption fell through).

All great suggestions. I don't have any "home-made" skills, but I love the idea. I really need a crafty hobby! I will definitely include a written note, and a picture of our family. I think a journal would be a nice place to put them along with a poem that I have included in our profile.

I'd rep you each if I could:D

Best wishes!

Congratulations on your impending adoption!!!!!!

My idea for a gift would be to put the worker and GAL on your Christmas card list. We have adopted 3 of our foster children and each year we send the children's former workers and GALs a Christmas card. Each worker has thanked us. I agree with the comment above that the social workers and GAL value knowing that the children placed in your home are doing well.

Thank you! I am still pinching myself that we are almost there!

Your Christmas card suggestion is great! I have grown to really care for each of the workers involved and I do plan to keep in touch, but sometimes life gets in the way of best intentions. If they are on my "list" I can be sure they aren't forgotten.

Congratulations on all 3 of your adoptions as well and thanks for sharing!