Menu

Another car seat question-crash test ratings?

I'm not sure that the crash test ratings are wonderful, depending on who does them.

I found this site to have some excellent information about crash testing of seats.

We just got the Radian and I like it very much because it is narrow. I don't like that when my dd falls asleep in it that her head flops.

If we had the rooms, I probably would have purchased the Frontier. Graco is also making a decent seat that is a little less expensive that the Frontier and the Radian. It's called the Graco Nautilus. I think it's worth looking at if you don't have concerns about width in your vehicle.

I'm not sure that the crash test ratings are wonderful, depending on who does them.

I found this site to have some excellent information about crash testing of seats.

We just got the Radian and I like it very much because it is narrow. I don't like that when my dd falls asleep in it that her head flops.

If we had the rooms, I probably would have purchased the Frontier. Graco is also making a decent seat that is a little less expensive that the Frontier and the Radian. It's called the Graco Nautilus. I think it's worth looking at if you don't have concerns about width in your vehicle.

Is there a link?

I'll check out the Nautilus, thanks. I wish I could find a local store that actually carries these seats, so I could look at them.

Is there a link?

Yep. I forgot.

http://www.car-safety.org/guide.html

I'll check out the Nautilus, thanks. I wish I could find a local store that actually carries these seats, so I could look at them.

Target carries the Nautilus. Do you have a Toys R Us? They sometimes have the Britax seats. I only found the Radian at a specialty store.