Menu

Dh used an electric sander to clean my popcorn pot

Last week I was sick with a nasty bronchial/sinus infection. (I can still hear my ears blocking when I swallow-ugh.) One day last week I put a pot of lentils on the stove intending for us to eat lentils on toast for lunch. The only pot that was clean and available to use was my popcorn pot--a cheap, old pot dh brought into our marriage. It's never been a good pot for cooking, but works rather well for popcorn. I was truly, miserably sick and decided to use the popcorn pot rather than deal with scrubbing a proper cooking pot.

I couldn't hear or smell well due to my infection, and ended up burning the lentils rather badly. Not just a little burned crust, mind you--this was a deep, thick, smoke-producing burn. I cried a little over our faithful little popcorn pot (and disgusting, ruined lentils) but figured the pot was probably not salvageable.

Dh and I watched a movie this weekend and he made us popcorn to go with it. I assumed he used a different pot.

Then when ds requested popcorn yesterday and I found our little popcorn pot, I assumed dh had washed all that nasty lentil mess out, dear man.

This morning ds informed me that it was "sooo cool" when Dad sanded the popcorn pot with the sander in the basement. :eek: I was incredulous. But it turns out that yep--dh did, actually, sand out the burned lentils with an electric hand sander.

I don't know whether to be frightened/dismayed or impressed with his ingenuity!