Menu

MCT Lit level (level 4) reviews

Last year we did the Mud trilogy. We recently started working through Alice, Peter, and Mole. I am using it with a child who is younger than the targeted age. We both enjoy the quotation quizzes. The discussion questions are thought provoking, not comprehension questions. Because I have a younger child, we are working on thinking deeper than just the story line, and this helps us do that without extracting the love of the story or of reading. MCT gives a whole bunch of open ended questions that you can pick from; so I think you'd be able to find questions that would adequately stretch your child. And many can be turned into essay assignments.

In the last quarter, MCT has written on his author Facebook page about his philosophy on literature. It's also stated in the parent's manual. I found his position to be delightful.

ETA:  You can read about his philosophy from the sample from the APM Implementation (Parent's) Manual that you can download for free:     https://itun.es/us/ysErO.l 

Edited by domestic_engineer

Last year we did the Mud trilogy. We recently started working through Alice, Peter, and Mole. I am using it with a child who is younger than the targeted age. We both enjoy the quotation quizzes. The discussion questions are thought provoking, not comprehension questions. Because I have a younger child, we are working on thinking deeper than just the story line, and this helps us do that without extracting the love of the story or of reading. MCT gives a whole bunch of open ended questions that you can pick from; so I think you'd be able to find questions that would adequately stretch your child. And many can be turned into essay assignments.

In the last quarter, MCT has written on his author Facebook page about his philosophy on literature. It's also stated in the parent's manual. I found his position to be delightful.

ETA: You can read about his philosophy from the sample from the APM Implementation (Parent's) Manual that you can download for free: https://itun.es/us/ysErO.l

Sorry, not the lit trilogy, but the new "literature" level of the grammar series.

My friend bought the poetry book - not realising that it went with a level, she thought it was for highschool/adults and worked through it herself! She found it excellent, though I'm not sure of details. She was shocked when I told her that it was for middle school ish - she's a highschool English teacher by trade lol!

As a result she is determined to use the MCT books, starting island straight away with her 3rd grader.

If you have a specific question I can ask.

• Like 1