Menu

Camping/RVing/Cabin-ing in Yosemite -- questions for those who have BTDT

Suzanne in ABQ

We are attempting to hold a small family reunion at Yosemite at the end of summer.  Some of us will have RV's, some will want cabins, and some will be tenting camping.  Are there any sites within Yosemite that accommodate all options?  I've found a place that would be perfect, except that it's 30 miles outside the park.  Would like to be closer at least, if not inside the park.

No, not that are all in one local. Was the location you were referencing Yosemite Lakes Campground outside the park? Because it is a great place, I've stayed there multiple times.

Inside the valley there are very few, if any, campground that allow RV's. I do know the campground out of Wawona allows them and there are cabins you can rent that are privately owned up there inside the park. If you are thinking like August you are going to be hard pressed to find reservations for most of these things as summers in the park are crazy. There are lots of tent campgrounds and there are some tent cabins or small cabins in the valley but any of those will be difficult on availability this late in the game.

ETA: There isn't anything closer than 30ish miles from the park, the area directly around the park is pretty much nothing until the gate on all sides so if you want outside that's as close as you'll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BrittanyM
  • Like 1

So difficult to find spaces within Yosemite! The tent spaces are grabbed within minutes of booking being opened. I hope you guys can find something :grouphug:

One year we had luck finding a site after I checked *five times a day* for four weeks :eek:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  

I found that cabins at Half Dome Village (formerly called Curry Village) is adjacent to Lower Pines campground, which has some RV sites.  But, like everyone said, it's unlikely we'll be able to get a reservation this late.  Still, it doesn't hurt to try!  

The place I found outside the park is called Yosemite Pines.  I will look for Yosemite Lakes as well.

• Like 1

We took an RV to North Pines in the Valley for the last couple of years.  There were lots of RVs, campers, tents, etc. at North Pines.   It was a perfect campsite, and very close to cabins, too.

We booked our site 6 months in advance, at 6:59 and 59 seconds, a.m.  We had three computers open to the reservation site, and only one of us got a spot in the 30 seconds that we each tried to make a reservation.  My point is, it books up really, really, really fast.  I wouldn't go unless I knew I had a spot reserved. 

Sorry to bring bad news, but you don't want to go to Yosemite and be disappointed that you have nowhere to stay.  :(

• Like 1