Menu

Primary Lang Lessons--Where to start if we've done most of R&S 2?

Chris in VA

From what I just read, is this what you were using?

Preparing to Build Preparing to Build contains 6 units and a short dictionary. Each unit closes with review lessons, an extra activity, and a poem. (Unit 6, as a supplementary unit, does not follow this pattern.)

This book teaches the concept of a sentence as the expression of a complete thought. Basic concepts of nouns, verbs, pronouns, and adjectives are studied. The paragraph is introduced. The supplementary unit teaches alphabetical order and basic dictionary skills.

The teacher's guide suggests ways for the teacher to present each lesson and supplies the answers for the various exercises and unit tests.

A separate test booklet provides tests for each of the first 5 units.

Well this is what MaterAmabilis.org has for the 3rd grade year of PLL

2nd Year

Term 1: Lessons 83-108, pp.73-95

Term 2: Lessons 109-136, pp. 96-119

Term 3: Lessons 137-164, pp.120-147

If it were me, I'd just start at Lesson 80 which is about plurals. We're on Lesson 92 but it might be different than your copy b/c I have the Davidson version. I probably shouldn't have responded to your post. :) Just start where you feel comfortable, you can skip ahead if it's too easy or go back if she needs more.

PLL is just so different from R&S that you could choose to do the whole thing and not really be too redundent. However, I actually did the opposite order. My ds did the first half of PLL last year and we're going through R&S 2 this year. I wouldn't have normally chosen this route, but the program we are using for this year scheduled R&S 2.

I would just say it's a personal decision based on what you are trying to accomplish.

Julie