Menu

Oppinions on WriteShop?

We are in Write Shop I. We switched to it after I tried several different curricula for my son, who has dyslexia and was very challenged by writing. Before we began Write Shop, his writing was very unsophisticated, and most of his sentences began with "It has" or "There are" or other equally uninspiring variations.

By the time we completed the second lesson, the style of my son's writing had changed considerably. His sentences are longer, more varied, and more interesting. His creative voice is showing though much more. He has a better understanding of how to put together a paragraph.

I, personally, feel that Write Shop is a lot of work organizationally, and there is a learning curve in using the various binders, but thus far it has been well worth it for us.

Edited by TaraTheLiberator
  • Like 1

We love Writeshop here. I have used it at home and co op. I don't always do every part of every lesson (teacher part) and still get great results. The skill builders are a great asset, and I love the detailed checklists. It is not too overbearing, but gives creative direction.