Menu

Bible knowledge curriculum w/o biblical worldview?

nellecv

Hi, I'm looking for a curriculum or course for a 10 year old that teaches Bible knowledge without trying to teach a "Biblical worldview."  Basically, I want my daughter to know what is in the Bible and it's effect on the world, but don't want the aspect of applying Biblical lessons to her life.   Is such a thing available?

I just had my kids read long selections from a good children's Bible. And we read some passages from the Bible itself - mostly poetic things. It was part of a longer unit we did on world religions. But I assume we'll return to it and do some Bible as literature again at some point.

• Like 2

If I understand you correctly, it sound like you're seeking materials that emphasize biblical literacy vs. application.

If that's the case, I encourage you to check out Christian Studies from Memoria Press. The curriculum offers a chronological study of the bible in story format, minus specific doctrine. If you're not coming from a Christian perspective in your household, it could easily be presented as biblical literacy without "preaching". 

https://www.memoriapress.com/

Thanks for the recommendations.  I need something more formal than just reading bible stories.  My daughter decided by age 3 that she hated bible stories (or anything with the mention of God).  She may be the world's youngest ardent atheist.  Church has always been a huge fight with her.  A real curriculum with facts, activities, and quizzes may peak her interest better, because she loves memorizing.  I'll check out Memoria Press!  

PS, We have many wonderful children's bibles but my favorite is the Children of God Storybook Bible by Archbishop Desmond Tutu