Menu

Poll: How many afternoons out of the house are effective for you/your kids?

Afternoons out of the House  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How many afternoons of you being out of the house are still peaceful?

• Unlimited- we can do it all!

I would love activities between 3 and 6 pm, and then evenings at home. Lessons are done by 3 pm. Instead, homeschool options seem to be scheduled between 10 and 2 pm. The earliest afterschool options start at 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm is more common for my children’s age groupings. The only activity I have been able to arrange for late afternoon is piano lessons.

This is a major frustration for me with after school activities they are basically all night activities and most often at tea time. It's disruptive in so many ways and my little guy gets really over tired but there aren't alternatives.

We are out a lot but I have a system that works for the most part. My youngest 4 kids have TKD Mon-Thurs, sometimes Fridays. We have park days Thursday and Friday. My 16 yo has theater Tues and Thurs, my 10 and 9 yo have theater Thursday. My 16 yo works Mon-Thurs and I am the chauffer for all of this. lol

This has only been in the past year and 8 months since we moved to Texas and it took me awhile to get used to it but my kids are pretty happy. The house stays clean mostly because I stay on top of it and make sure they all do what they need to do. At this point I get bored when we are home too much, like a couple weeks ago my 16 yo had the flu and she didn't go to work. We were bored! lol

• Like 1

Zero. Baby naps in the afternoon and is a bear if she doesn't get her nap! Also, I need to prep dinner starting around 3ish. So I get quite stressed by being out in the afternoon.

We are out a few mornings per week. One morning is speech therapy, so the other two kids do school in the waiting room (they have a nice table there), then another morning I have to pick up milk and eggs from a raw milk co-op... That only takes about 30 minutes, but it interrupts the day. Then on Friday we have Story time at the library for the baby, and the boys all do school work there (while listening to the stories), and then we hit Aldi while we're in town. My least stressful days are the ones where are home the entire day and can spend time reading together and not feel rushed because the kids want to go play.

• Like 1