Menu

Homeschoolers in the Kansas City area?

My sister is interested in learning more about homeschooling in her area. Her child is just three, so it's just something that is buzzing around her mind, (and of course as a long time homeschooler myself, I am encouraging that buzzing!). She'd like to see what is going on in her area, in terms of HSIng group and activities.

She lives in the suburbs of Kansas City, MO (specifically Blue Springs). Anyone here have any links or FB groups she could join to learn more about HSing life SPECIFIC to that area?

Is she religious?  If she is religious, there are a fair number of groups she can join - we lived in Lee's Summit, which is 15 minutes south of Blue Springs, and as long as you can make a basic statement of faith (either protestant or catholic) you're fine.  These are generally easy to find online.

For secular homeschoolers it is not as good.  Her options will be either the LEARN/KC Homeschool group - they're pretty aggressively liberal and mostly operate in LS, Grandview, and KC (20-30 minutes from Blue Springs) or the Liberty group (15-20 minutes north of Blue Springs, depending on where she is specifically).  Here is the link to the Liberty group (I think, there might be another one too): http://www.nfltkc.org/resources.php

They also have a homeschool band program up there.