Menu

Funeral "gift" by mail

VeteranMom

I'm needing to send something to one of our basketball team families.  A grandma passed away and I typically collect money from other families and send something.  Last time one of our families had to attend a funeral, I sent a meal gift card and an edible arrangement to their home.  This time, it's a little trickier, since the location is remote.  It's going to need to go by mail.  I could send flowers to the service, but I'd rather send something that goes to where the family is staying.  Any ideas?

• Like 1

My grandmother passed away recently. Friends of my mother contacted me to see if there was a relative's house where family would be gathering in the days before/after the funeral. I was able to direct them, and they had food gifts sent there (sandwich trays and cookies from a local place, I think). It helped ease the burden of the hosting relatives, and I know my mother appreciated it on their behalf.

Perhaps there is someone on the ground in the other location you could ask about similar arrangements?

• Like 2

hmmmmm....what age range and how many?  Are you sending something to a large extended family (grandpa, mom, dad, sons, daughters, cousins, etc)? 

A few ideas:

I've used food companies before like Honey Baked Ham or MealGifts.com to send a meal.  Igourmet does nice food baskets. 

Plants are always a good lasting gift.

Do you know of a particular need or interest?

Would the family prefer the money be used to contribute to a charity in honor of the loved one (hospice care, cancer society, local rescue squad, etc)?

How about a box from Amazon Pantry? 

• Like 1