Menu

Need ideas for dd10 sleepover party...

It is birthday season here. Some of you may remember my ds8 army birthday thread....smashing success...thanks for all the ideas.

This Friday my dd10 is having 5 girlfriends over for a dinner/sleepover party. What do 10 yr. olds like to do??? They are planning on staying up really late and watching a movie or two. But what else? Snacks...got it. Sundae bar....planning on it. What kinds of activities should we do? Do I need activities? Everyone loves horses but taking them riding is out of my budget.

At that age they don't need coordinated activities; you just need to give them a few things and they'll take it from there.

-Decorate their own cupcakes or

-Make their own banana splits

-Have fun trying on some dollar store makeup

-Pizza is usually a given

-A couple of good movies

This ought to fill up their time. If they are a really active crowd, get a stomp rocket kit that they can play with outdoors. My kids (all ages) also loved a "balloon rocket" set - long balloons with a pump; let them go and they sail a long way (indoors). Or water balloons if the weather is still warm. If you do water balloons they can put their dry pj's on and you can run their clothing through the dryer.

Have fun, Soph!

~Dana

We just had a party for my dd (10). We did a scavenger hunt. Her party had a puppy theme with plates, etc. I made up bones out of charm pops and tissue paper. Anyway, my mom made about 11 clues leading them to a pile of "dog bones". They had a blast figuring out the riddles and finding the next clue. We also did a pinata which is always fun. Hope this helps!