Menu

Psychologist recommendation needed please (NH)

I would really appreciate it if someone had a recommendation for a psychologist with experience in anger and / or anxiety issues for my 9 year old son. We're located between Manchester and Nashua, New Hampshire but traveling further is possible. It's hard enough to admit we need help with his issues, I really don't want to hear that their "solution" is to put him back in school.

Thank-you for any help anyone can provide. I'm at my wits end.

Jennifer

I am not in that area to recommend anyone, but  :grouphug: . You will find someone! 

Also, if you are not easily finding a counselor, consider going broader with your search--a behaviorist (BCBA), an occupational therapist (sensory issues and anxiety can be one and the same), etc. even if you are calling them up just to ask for a recommendation for a counselor. Those professionals see some kids with significant difficulties and are likely to be understanding. You can tell whomever you are calling for recommendations that you want to find someone who will not pin the blame on homeschooling.

Hi Jennifer,

I hope this will help.  We live in NH, in the same area as you.  My dd sees Elizabeth Doppler-Bourassa of The Village Counsel, in Dover.  She sees her for anxiety, and says Beth is helping her.  My dd is in high school, so she prefers to  Beth alone, so I can't provide you a lot of information.  I do think seeing her is helping my daughter.  She was recommended to us by the owner of my younger daughter's OT and speech therapy office. 

We go every other week, because it is a hike.  We almost went to The Counseling Center before we knew about Beth, which is closer, but it is too big and impersonal.  We had a bad experience there a number of years ago.  

Hope that helps.