Menu

History-MOH, Biblioplan, or Notgrass?

pocjets

I've narrowed next year's choices down to these three for my 6th grader. If I choose Biblioplan I'll most likely use it for my younger kids as well. If I choose Notgrass I'll most likely use Beautiful Feet for my younger kids. Does anyone have any thoughts that might make my choice easier? Thank you!

Nothing that will make your choice easier. All 3 are solid programs. Not grass is all inclusive and requires less library or outside book purchases. The other 2 require a bigger budget or library trips depending on which option you choose, and how hands on you want to be. I used and loved the older biblioplan before all the new add ons while mine were 3-8. I use Notgrass in highschool. I haven't bought the new Notgrass programs for younger students because what we have in Biblioplan is bought, paid for and works. That said I have friends who love the younger Notgrass years too. I have very limited experience with MOH, sink won't comment on that.

Since it's an election year, we're doing Notgrass civics for middle grades. I'm going to use it with three of my kids. I can't give you feedback or comparisons, but just wanted to throw that out there. I think Notgrass is the only program you listed with a government program.

My 6th grader is using MOH this year, but I haven't used the other two. She really likes it, but to be honest I am having her read and sometimes narrate to me what she read about. We aren't doing the quizes, projects, etc. I also wanted to make my own lit list and she has her own Bible reading plan, which is part of the reason I didn't want something like Biblioplan.

FWIW, Biblioplan schedules MOH as an optional spine. I used it when my dc were younger using SOTW as the spine and could have gotten away with SOTW and its corresponding AG. We are rotating through it again and plan to use MOH as the spine along with the biblioplan companion now that my dc are older. Biblioplan is perfect for 6th grade IMHO.

We picked up Notgrass  and Biblioplan this year.  One kid is doing each.  And both are going to stick with their choices.  

Obviously Biblioplan can be for all kids and all the way through high school.  If you used the library that could be a great investment long term.  It's different in how it teaches compared to Notgrass though.  Like I said, my kids had different preferences for how they learn.  I finally had to split them into what they needed.  

But I like things about both programs, you can't go wrong picking one.