Menu

Lapbook for learning Spanish

mom31257

Does anyone know of a lapbook for teaching Spanish to early elementary children? I would especially love a "free" one. If not, does anyone know of good free printables to teach Spanish numbers, colors, days of the week, etc. Then I could put them together and make my own.

Thanks for looking!

Funny enough I had been thinking about this very thing a few weeks ago. Things are slowly starting to get into a routine around here so if you give me a few weeks I might be able to come up with something for you. I want to use it for my youngest. I recently saw a lapbook for FLL and it gave me the idea for the Spanish one.

I see your son is a little younger than mine. How is his writing???

Funny enough I had been thinking about this very thing a few weeks ago. Things are slowly starting to get into a routine around here so if you give me a few weeks I might be able to come up with something for you. I want to use it for my youngest. I recently saw a lapbook for FLL and it gave me the idea for the Spanish one.

I see your son is a little younger than mine. How is his writing???

His writing is not so great. He has been doing "school" since he was 2. That's when I started homeschooling my dd, and he quickly wanted to join in. For 2 and 3, we learned the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes. He loves workbooks and devoured the same/different, pattern type books. I saw last year that writing was more of a struggle for him than it was my dd. I didn't push the issue since he was 4. He did learn quite a bit last year, though.

When we started this year, I started full force with writing. He started "hating" his school work. This is my child who said to me at the end of last year's Christmas Break (after I told him we were starting back the next day), "Please, let's never stop again!!!!". I have modified what we are doing and it has helped tremendously. He writes some every day, but I let him answer quite a bit orally. I just don't think he has the fine motor skills yet, but a friend who teaches Kindergarten said many boys develop that later than girls.

I'll be working on the Spanish over the next few weeks, so I could pm you what I find, or post it on here.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...