Menu

Where do I get Times Tales?

I would like to use the Times Tales video to help my daughter learn her tables.  I hear so much about it, but can't seem to find what I'm supposed to get.  Can somebody clarify?  On Amazon I see a book and then a DVD that says it is for "upper times tables", but I don't know if that is what I want.  I want all of them. 

Thanks for the help!!  I searched the board and just found the rave reviews...not the place to find them.  :)

The place to purchase is here: http://www.timestales.com/

I'm always amazed that Times Tales gets such rave reviews, as I found it extremely boring and slow.  Thankfully a friend let me borrow hers so I didn't buy it!  You're right, it does not teach ALL the times tables, just the ones which are usually a little more difficult to learn.  I have two children who used xtramath.org to learn all of theirs, but my other child didn't like that.  Slow and steady wins the race with her. 

Other resources you may want to check out, are just search online for multiplication times tables helps, crewtonramoneshouseofmath.com, or a very similar take on Times Tales is a book entitled, Memorize in Minutes: The Times Tables by Alan Walker (I like this much better than Times Tales).  Or just make up your own rhymes or stories for the times tables.  One that we found online that we really like is this one, 6 and 8 went on a date, they didn't get back until they were 48.  Visualize the times tables with your child first, with arrays or blocks, so she understands what it means first.

I'm always amazed that Times Tales gets such rave reviews, as I found it extremely boring and slow.  Thankfully a friend let me borrow hers so I didn't buy it!  You're right, it does not teach ALL the times tables, just the ones which are usually a little more difficult to learn.  I have two children who used xtramath.org to learn all of theirs, but my other child didn't like that.  Slow and steady wins the race with her. 

Other resources you may want to check out, are just search online for multiplication times tables helps, crewtonramoneshouseofmath.com, or a very similar take on Times Tales is a book entitled, Memorize in Minutes: The Times Tables by Alan Walker (I like this much better than Times Tales).  Or just make up your own rhymes or stories for the times tables.  One that we found online that we really like is this one, 6 and 8 went on a date, they didn't get back until they were 48.  Visualize the times tables with your child first, with arrays or blocks, so she understands what it means first.

Thanks so much!!  She was introduced to the concept (grouping objects) last year and this year they have been hitting it hard.  She can count by 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s.  So she can generally get to the answer, but that can take a while.  She also has SOME memorized but I'm not sure how to get her to memorize them more quickly.  I guess it will come in time, since it took her until halfway through 2nd to memorize addition and subtraction.  I will check out the book you mentioned.  Thanks so much!!

Agree.  I showed it to my kids once and they started doing MST3K to it.  

• Like 1

It's at a better price on Educents.com where you can get the DVD or the downloadable version. There is only one and sometimes, some places label it "upper times tables", but it's really all the same. The DVD (and I'm assuming the download, too), has an extra disk with a few worksheets and games.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1