Menu

s/o audiobooks: whispersync questions

I'm only just today learning about this what I did today was buy the kindle book, then there is an option to add the audible book for some low price and have it delivered to your Kindle.  My understanding (and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) is that it has to be read on the Kindle to have the words highlighted as it's read.  And yes, it has to be a wispersync version that is compatible with your book for them to play nice together. :)

I hope this helps!

• Like 2

Yes, that's exactly what Whispersync does.

If you own both versions (Kindle and Audible) and have a compatible device (phone, tablet), when you load the book then touch the screen, you'll get a play arrow at the bottom to start Audible narration. As the narrator reads, the text he/she is reading will be highlighted on the page. It's a really awesome use of technology!

Edited by Rockhopper
  • Like 1

I'm only just today learning about this what I did today was buy the kindle book, then there is an option to add the audible book for some low price and have it delivered to your Kindle.  My understanding (and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) is that it has to be read on the Kindle to have the words highlighted as it's read.  And yes, it has to be a wispersync version that is compatible with your book for them to play nice together. :)

I hope this helps!

Yep, this is how we do it usually, too. I adore Whisper-sync, especially for new readers!!!

However, if you want to find Whisper-sync audiobooks for Kindle books you already own, go to this page, and click on the link on the right that says "Add Narration to Books You Own". Et voila, it will give you a list of audiobooks. And if you are like me you will immediately buy about eleven of them. :blush: But I only spent $25 for those eleven, which I think is pretty fabulous!  ;-)

Another way to do it, if you are on your Kindle and want to know if a particular book has a Whisper-sync audio companion, is to open up the book on your Kindle. Then click on the book's menu on the upper left corner. If there is an audio companion for that book, you will see "Add Professional narration" in the menu.

• Like 2